The history of Merefa Glass Factory began in 1896. It was the time when Bortkevich, landowner of the Kharkov province, established the production of glass in order to provide his own distillery with the glass containers in the Artiomovka settlement.
As for the location, Merefa city was suitable enough for that purpose – there were inexhaustible supplies of water and woodlands nearby the factory used as fuel material for energy-intensive glass manufacturing.
There was produced a wide range of glass products:
- ribbons and textiles made of twisted threads;
- large assortment of differently sized high-temperature glass containers;
- glass cotton;
- glass containers for food, liquor and soft drink industry.
Presentation of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 certificates
In 2009 Merefa Glass Company Ltd. is planning to carry out modernization of the production capacities, taking into account development trends of the glass container market.
In April 2009 Merefa Glass Company Ltd joined the Association of Glass Industry Enterprises "Glass of Ukraine"
In March 2009 Merefa Glass Company Ltd. was audited successfully for compliance with the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 International standards.
Official grand opening of a new glass plant of Merefa Glass Company Ltd "
Official opening of the glass plant of Merefa Glass Company Ltd.
Exhibition “Prodexpo 2008”, Moscow
Negotiating with the leading glass container consumers
Presentation of a new glass melting furnace
Alco+Soft Exhibition 2007
The Exhibiton “World of Glass - 2007”, Moscow.
The traditions of the glass-container production in Merefa.
Continuation of the construction of a new glass production plant
Construction of a new glass production plant
© 2007 Merefa Glass Factory.All rights reserved.
Leonovskaya str., 84-À,
Merefa, Kharkov region,
fax: +38 (057) 729 85 00